Presentations from Previous Clinics (pdf)
Note: Clinic registrations may be administered by Hockey Alberta and will be available closer to the clinic dates, usually 2 weeks out. If you would like to pre-register or have any questions please contact email@example.com
PRACTICE GUIDES AND PLANS
- Presentation on Practice Planning and Preparation (PDF)
- Skill progression manual
- Key instructional, teaching points and glossary of terms for individual skills and tactics
- Shooting and Scoring Coach Resource Package
- Skating Coach Resource Package
- Handout from Coaching Development Session #1 (PDF)
- Presentation delivered at the Glenlake Minor Hockey Club Coach Information Session (PDF)
- 2018-10-12-Goalie Coach Training Seminar (PDF)
- 2018-12-11 Coaching Symposium
- 2018-12-11 Skill Development in Practices - Discussion Points
1. www.hockeycanada.ca - The website is free so check it out. The app is even better, but there is a fee.
3. www.hockeyshare.com - You'll see some good content here.
4. www.weisstechhockey.com - Features a nice selection of half-ice drills.
One of the best ways to give yourself a leg up on the season is to develop a year plan. It will make practice planning easier, and can really focus you and your assistants on effective player development. And it doesn't have to be overly detailed. In fact, it may be better if it isn't.
After you've had a chance to evaluate the level of play your team is at, take an hour or so and set achievable goals for your group. Review your plan with your assistants. With good feedback you'll soon have a plan everyone can buy into. When it's time to plan your next practice, one quick reference will remind you where you can focus the drill set.
If you don't have your own template, here are a couple of year plans that Pinnacle Hockey has provided to get you started. One is simple and the other is detailed. Both are effective! There is even a sample plan so you can see how they look once developed.
For other ideas, check out your favorite resource webpage like Hockey Canada.