Spring Development Program
PROGRAM OVERVIEW - The Glenlake Minor Hockey Club (Glenlake) will be offering a Spring Development Program from April to June:
- April 1 to June 15 (20 ice sessions)
Registration opens Wednesday, March 3 at 12pm (noon)
Registration closes Friday, March 5 at 6pm
- Participants are not required to have been placed on a team during the 2020-2021 season however must follow the age divisions as outlined by Hockey Canada for the 2020-2021 season
- Coaches are not required to have been placed on a team roster during the 2020-2021 season, but will have to have proper certifications, including having completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader/Coach program and a police background check
- Ice times will include weekends
- Program will initially be open only to Glenlake members and, if space permits, secondly to the public
GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS - This program will operate within the Government of Alberta (GOA)/Alberta Health Services (AHS) restrictions announced February 6, as may be amended by the GOA/AHS. Current restrictions include:
- All participants must be 18 years old or younger, except coaches or
- Children and youth will be allowed to participate in limited group
- Games are not
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and
- A playing surface (for example, arena, field or court) may be occupied by more than one youth group, as long as 3-metres of physical distancing can be maintained between groups of 10 and the groups do not
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training activity. Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom
CONTACT TRACING – As per Government of Alberta and AHS requirements, contact tracing MUST be completed prior to each scheduled ice time. For this we will be using the TeamSnap Health Check. Please click here to ensure that you are familiar with the current COVID-19 procedures.
Registration will ONLY be open from March 3 at 12pm (noon) to March 5 at 6pm. Space is limited and is first come first served.
The following spaces are available in each age group:
U7 (2014-2015) – 64
U9 (2012-2013) – 48
U11 (2010-2011) – 64
U13 (2008-2009) – 64
U15 (2006-2007) – 36
U18 (2003-2005) – 27
We will be using TeamSnap as our registration platform. Families are required to use the registration link provided below or within the email communicating the program infomration. You will not be able to register through your own TeamSnap account or on the app.
MEDICAL FORM – All families are asked to upload a copy of their player’s medical form once registration has been completed. Please click here to download the form.
WAITLIST – We will NOT be maintaining a waitlist for any age group.
Fees will vary per age group to reflect number of groups per ice time.
U7 – U13 (2 groups per ice time) $325
U15 – U18 (1 group per ice time) $650
Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
NO REFUNDS will be provided for any withdrawal. Refunds will be provided should the Government of Alberta implement further restrictions that prevent the completion of this development program.
LOCATION – all ice times will be held at Flames Community Arenas, 2390 47 Avenue SW
GROUP PLACEMENTS – No friend requests will be entertained. Participants will be placed in groups that align as closely as possible with their 2020-2021 team.