Novice, Atom and Pee Wee Glenlake House League 2018-2019
Registration opened on June 1, 2018 and closed on July 31, 2018. There will be maximum registrants in each division, so register early! A $100 late fee is in effect after August 1 if room permits.
Glenlake, in partnership with the Trails West and Springbank Hockey Associations, operates the West Calgary House League. Novice, Atom and Pee Wee players have a choice to play in either the regular community hockey program or the House League, not both.
The West Calgary Hockey League is a program formed by Trails West, Springbank & Glenlake in conjunction with Hockey Calgary. Players have fewer ice times, relatively fixed dates and times, and less travel time. All teams are balanced within each association and play in one division. The season runs from early October to February 1, all teams have one practice and one game per week, and the season ends with all teams playing in mini-tournaments on the final weekend. Days and times are fixed (as available ice allows) so that families can plan ahead with a reasonable knowledge of how their schedule will look. The league emphasizes fun hockey with no stats or standings, but still provides high quality coaching by certified coaches and competitive games where all players have the opportunity to improve their skills. All associations charge a reduced registration fee per player. Additional practice ice, tournaments and exhibition games beyond what the league provides are not permitted. The Novice, Atom and Peewee leagues are sanctioned by Hockey Calgary and players are properly registered within Hockey Calgary. Demand is high and thus space is provided on a first-come basis. All associations have a max player allotment for this program, so you may not have a choice other than to assign your son/daughter to the traditional program.
House League Players can expect:
- One practice per week
- One game per week on a Saturday morning
- All practices take place at each association’s home rinks. Games are limited to the same but will include away games at any of the 3 associations participating.
- Limited cash calls, no fundraising, no volunteer commitment for parents
- Reduced rate of $700 per player
- Ideal team size is 15+1
NEW THIS SEASON:
- As per Hockey Calgary all novice aged team will be moving to ½ ice games for the 18-19 season. Each team will be required to have two goaltenders, one for each half of the ice with a 4 vs 4 format.
- Jerseys are to be returned at the end of the season.
- October 2018 – February 2019
- TImes to be determined.
PLAYER ALLOWANCE: This is subject to registration numbers but our maximum will be:
- NOVICE: 4 teams of 19 players (76 players total)
- ATOM: 4 teams of 19 players (76 players total)
- PEEWEE: 2 teams of 19 players (38 players total)
PRACTICE SCHEDULE – one practice per week:
- Novice Wednesdays - practices will start as early as 4:15 p.m.
- Atom & PeeWee: Fridays – practices will start as early as 4:15 p.m.
- First Practice: the week of Oct 8th, 2018
- Holiday Break: Dec 16th, 2018 - Jan 2nd, 2019
- Blackout Period: Jan 14th - 18thdue to Esso Minor Hockey Week. No practices will be scheduled.
GAME SCHEDULE – one game per week:
- Season Schedule:
- Fall: October 13th/14th (beginning weekend) - December 15th/16th (last weekend in the rotation)
- Winter: January 5th/6th (beginning weekend)- February 9th/10th (last weekend in the rotation)
- Novice: game times will start as early as 7:00 a.m.; game days are Saturdays
- Atom & PeeWee: game times will start as early as 7:00 a.m.; game days are Sundays
- Feb 13th - 18th, 2019 (Family Day Long Weekend) - some age groups will begin as early as the Wednesday evening and some age groups will end as late as the holiday Monday.
- Format to be determined once all teams are finalized
RESPECT IN SPORT
- Hockey Alberta has instituted mandatory RIS Parent program with the goal to educate our membership for all new families to Hockey Calgary
- Recertification for current families will be required every 4 years. This means that anybody having taken the course in 2014 or earlier will be required to recertify for the upcoming season
- Players will not be placed on teams for the 2018-2019 season until RIS recertification has been completed
Any questions about house league, please contact Shelley Waite at email@example.com