Hello Glenlake families:
Over the last few days HC and member associations, including Glenlake, have had discussions related to the latest COVID-19 developments in Alberta. Flowing from those discussions, please find today’s Hockey Calgary (HC) Bulletin and related FAQs (pdf). We encourage you to read the Bulletin and FAQs in full.
• On November 24th the Government of Alberta/Alberta Health Services announced a further pause to indoor group activities including team sports and, currently, this applies to HC and all member associations including Glenlake. This extended pause is for three weeks and runs from November 27th to December 18th.
• As a result, all HC and member association events remain temporarily cancelled; this includes all practices, games and any activity associated with your team (cohort) both on and off the ice. Virtual team activities are allowed and encouraged.
• The government announcement stated that there may be “exemptions” that allow some team sport programs to continue, and while this seems targeted at Hockey Canada’s World Junior Championships (where a contained bubble is capable of being created and maintained), HC is looking into whether there is an opportunity to apply for such an exemption.
• The FAQs respond to questions including those related to refunds, potential for extending the season and the schedule and re-start plan.
• On refunds specifically, the Glenlake Board is reviewing our existing policies and will make every effort to provide fair and appropriate refunds.
Please contact me if you have any questions. We continue to appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through an unprecedented season. We look forward to resuming our season when safe and able to do so.