Glenlake Minor Hockey Club members:
Further to my last update note to the membership, please view the Hockey Calgary announcement regarding changes for the upcoming year. This announcement references the following 2 areas (and contains a number of links that provide more detailed information):
- Boundary Changes – among other changes, beginning next season (whenever it may start), Chinook Park, Kingsland, Kelvin Grove and Eagle Ridge (“CKE”) will no longer be a part of the Glenlake Minor Hockey Club and will now be part of Southwest, subject to the following provisions:
- All players entering into the Midget Age Division (U-18) are grandfathered to Glenlake
- Players currently in Pee Wee (U-13) and Bantam (U-15) will have the ‘option to be grandfathered’ to Glenlake. Members will have a 3-week period to exercise their grandfather rights prior to the official opening of registration for the 20-21 season (dates TBD). If a family does not exercise these rights in the time frame agreed upon then they will be designated to Southwest
- All current Initiation (U-7), Novice (U-9) and Atom (U-11) players must go to Southwest
- Families with siblings in Pee Wee (U-13), Bantam (U-15) and Midget (U-18), can request to be grandfathered to Glenlake as a family
- Current Glenlake Board Member families residing in the CKE communities will have the option to be grandfathered’ to Glenlake
- All future hockey participants must go to Southwest
- League Operational Changes – league structure format, Atom (U-11) Player Pathway, Tournament Policy and pilot projects for scheduling. Please note that timing with regard to league structure is dependent on an ‘on time’ start to the upcoming season. If the season is delayed, Hockey Calgary will be required to make additional adjustments to the seasonal structure and timelines.
I hope everyone is healthy and staying safe through this uncertain time. Please contact me if you have any questions.